How To Perform Lunges Correctly
Lunges great for the legs and butt! They can be done with or without weights, at the gym or at home.
If you are a beginner, start without weights and concentrate on your form. Ready to kick it up a notch? Try walking lunges.
If you are advanced, add weights and increase as you adapt. Ready to kick it up a notch? Try "doubles", or switch from dumbbells to a barbell.
How to perform a lunge:
- Stand with feet together.
- Take a big step forward, then slowly lower your body into a lunge postition.
- Make sure your knee is above your ankle, keeping it at a 90 degree angle.
- Slowly push back up to starting position, pushing from your heel.
- Do not lean forward when lunging.
- Do not position your knee in front of your ankle.
- Do not hunch forward.
Copyright © 2009 by A.M. Birmingham, ISSA CFT